The Cliffs Notes to Your Venue Selection
Once you get engaged the decision making begins. For those who do not enjoy making decisions, this can make the planning process stressful. Well take a deep breath, because there is a method to the madness. Here is a sample questionnaire to help guide you. One of the first major decisions will be choosing your venue. Here are some things to consider in order to make the process easier.
1) Do you want your ceremony and reception in the same venue? Have you always dreamed of being married at the place of worship that you attend?
2) Location, Location, Location! Do you want a city wedding? Do you envision the natural beauty of a scenic garden? Have you always dreamed about getting married on a beach?
3) There are many different “types” of venue spaces. An abbreviated list includes: ballrooms, hotels, gardens, wineries, historic mansions, and country clubs. It may be easy to narrow down your venue selection by which “type” of space you envision or which space you can’t envision.
Once you have a general idea of your venue, there are a few more criteria:
1) Size- Can the space accommodate a large wedding? Will it suit a small and intimate affair if that’s in your plan?
2) Food – Let’s face it, people always remember the food. Is there an on premise caterer or will you have to choose one? What is the reputation of their food?
3) Price- Is this venue within your price range? What’s included for the price? Each venue’s package will include different features. Also, you may have to include a site fee, gratuity and tax into your budget.
I would also like to throw out there that weddings have been done in just about any place you can think of. Brides today are spending time finding unique locations such as museums, art galleries, lofts and even rustic and romantic barns. As far as I’m concerned, if you can dream it; it can be done.
A professional Wedding Coordinator can help guide you as you are faced with big decisions like your venue or the smallest detail of your special day. A Wedding Coordinator will also work with the staff of the venue (as well as all the other wedding professionals who are hired) to ensure that your wedding runs smooth and stress free.
Filed under: Uncategorized
What a great way to sum out the key things to keep in mind when picking a venue. So many times, I find couples who fell in love with a space without considering how it will shape the entire experience of the wedding.
Thanks for sharing this!
1 Rev. Jennifer Ansbach said this ( at 3:19 pm)